Here are some pictures of Annie's first month since joining our family! There are a TON of photos but in my defense, this baby is insanely cute and this is a whole month's worth of photos, plus Halloween. You have been duly warned.
Hi world!
Wearing one of mommy's old onesies!
Cuddling with Dad: one of Annie's favorite pastimes...
On the way to her first doctor's appointment! I love those chubby cheeks!
Making faces at home...
I love being a mom to this little one more than anything!
We put Annie in my blessing dress and couldn't believe how cute she looked! So special to see my little girl wear some of my old clothes!



Such a sweet smile while sleeping away!

I think this girl likes nap time with Dad.

Initiating the baby carrier and going out for our first walk! I was terrified but Annie slept the whole time and it was good to get outside!
Such a sweet smile while sleeping away!
I think this girl likes nap time with Dad.
Initiating the baby carrier and going out for our first walk! I was terrified but Annie slept the whole time and it was good to get outside!
We were so incredibly blessed to have my mom come out and help us for two weeks right as I had Annie. She made sure we had a perfect welcome home when we came home from the hospital, got up with me in the middle of the night, walked me through how to take care of a newborn, made about a million meals and treats, gave me so much support and love, ran to the store 18 times a day, and pretty much taught me "How To Be a Mother 101." How I adore and admire my mom! We can never thank her enough for all her help! (And my Dad for sparing her for two whole weeks!)
You always know that your mom is a rock star and that you were blessed with the best mom ever, but having her here with us for 2 weeks during such a wonderful and overwhelming time, it just solidified to me that my mom truly is a miracle worker and I have some seriously HUGE shoes to fill!
While she was here, I really wanted to go to Butler Farms to go to the pumpkin patch, corn maze, and see the other fun games they have there. We went last year and had hoped that we might be able to come back sometime soon with our own little one! It was so fun to have my mom join us! It was Annie's first major outing and at two weeks old, I don't think she could have cared less haha but we had fun!

One of Annie's talents from day one, is her amazing ability to stay asleep and I mean FAST asleep in almost any position! Trying to wake her to skype with family or feed was near impossible! But how can you get mad when you look at that cute little round face!?
Annie is so lucky to have two super talented Grandmas who love her so! Each of them made gorgeous quilts for her!
And Brandon's mom, Patti made this beautiful quilt. I love how Annie looks like a little ballerina in this photo.
Check out her painted toes... yes I'm that mom. But when she was dead asleep, how could I not? Plus it was a great tip from a friend to encourage strangers to touch her toes instead of her hands. :)
We were SO lucky to have my best friend Jessica come out for a few days right after my mom left. She has been such a dear friend for so many years now and feels like a sister. It meant the world to me that she would take off work and spend the moolah to get out here to DC and help me adjust to motherhood!

We spent a lot of time just hanging out at home, but we did go for a few walks and to the National Mall since Jess had never been to DC before. We had a blast and are so grateful she could come!
Chubby cheeks!
Dancing with Dad! This girl loves her goofy daddy!
Brandon's school and work schedule vary a lot but he does get to work from home a few days a week so on his breaks, we went for some walks to enjoy the nice weather!
Finally to wrap up October, we had so much fun dressing up Annie as a little butterfly for Halloween! My mom fixed up the little skirt and my sister had some left over wings so it worked out well! We didn't take her trick or treating, because let's be honest she would have slept through the whole thing, but we did enjoy carving pumpkins with her and getting her decked out in her cute Halloween outfits from her Grandmas.

She is seriously such a doll. Love all the cute outfits from her Grandmas. And that picture of her smiling while dancing with her Daddy is so sweet. What a sweet baby she it.
ReplyDelete